See my bio here.
Visit the Web site of Hometown Magazine of the Ken-Tenn Area. Browse the contents of current and archived issues for my features, personal profiles, humor and inspirational pieces.
Published Work (Christian Market):
- “Worry? Who Me?,” Evangel.
- “Planning for God’s Purposes,” Evangel.
- “Christmas Pageant Bloopers,” The Christian Pulse.
- “Discount Dilemma,” The Christian Pulse.
- “Campus Security,” The Christian Pulse.
- Upper Room Disciplines, 2012.
- “Not the Apple of My Eye,” The Christian Pulse.
- “Quadrilateral Trust,” Evangel.
- “Loving Your Neighbor…or Not,” Evangel.
- “Dwelling in the House of the Lord,” Evangel
- “Marketing or Selling Out?” Vista
- “You Might Be a Christian If…” Vista.
- “Both Sides of the ‘Worship Wars,’” Vista.
- “Lord, Here Am I, But Send Somebody Else,” Vista.
- Light from the Word, Wesleyan Publishing House, devotions for week of September 7-13, 2009.
- Christian Writing Examiner, “Interviewing Senior Adults,” sample article and commentary.
- WritingtoServe.net, Golden Rule Marketing for Writers (site no longer active).
- It Is Good to Give Thanks,” Vista (Wesleyan).
- “Karen Moore Artl: Directed by the Yellow Pages and God,” Christian Communicator.
- Upper Room Disciplines, 2009.
- “King David,” Fun ‘n’ Games, Mature Living.
- “A Biblical Route to Financial Freedom,” The Lookout.
- “Teaching by Example,” Evangel.
- “Missions: Why Me?” The Lookout
- “In the Valley of the Shadow,” The Lookout.
- “Encouraging One Another,” The Upper Room.
- These Days: Daily Devotionals for Living by Faith.
- “A Nation’s Thanks,” The Lookout.
- “Market Better, Sell More,” The Christian Communicator. Also online here.
- “Time Management: Handle with Prayer,” The Lookout.
- “Worship: It’s About God,” The Lookout.
- “Marketing or Selling Out?” The Lookout.
- “Introducing Your Child to Music,” Early Years, Focus on the Family publication.
- “Becoming Like a Child,” Evangel.
- “The Local Church and the Fine Arts”, The Lookout.
- “Summer Adventure: Explore the Arts with Your Children,”HomeLife.
- Multiple devotionals in The Secret Place.
- “The Insurance Puzzle: Asking Questions, Getting Answers,” Mature Years.
- “Love of God, Music, and Family Is Foundation for Church Growth,” Glory Songs Kit.
- “Old Songs Renew the Spirit,” Church Musician Today.
- “Encouraging Word” Church Musician Today.
- Articles/devotionals on church music for PedalPoint, magazine for church organists and pianists.
Published Work (Other Markets):
- Editor/Columnist, Hometown Magazine of the Ken-Tenn Area, local bimonthly lifestyle magazine, Obion and Weakley County, Tennessee, and Fulton/South Fulton, Kentucky. Home Biz column, Senior Grapevine content. More than 100 articles published.
- “Every Kid Needs Good Ol’ Fashioned Horse Sense,” My Favorite Horse, Country, Oct/Nov, 2001.
- “The New Rules for Prospecting,” opinion piece, Advisor Today.
- Writer for Shaklee Corporation Community Service Award, nomination of Lyda Rice for 2000 award. Finalist, $1,000 winner, proceeds to Main Street Union City, Inc.
- “Bank Marketing in the ’90′s: Finding the Right Mix through Positioning,” Midwest Review of Finance and Insurance, 1996.
- Seniors Today editor for Hometown Magazine of the KenTenn Area (current).
- Writer-editor for WestNetWorks, quarterly newsletter for WestNet, a leadership education program sponsored by the University of Tennessee and Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Writer-editor for The Profit Page, newsletter for Crop Production Services, Union City, TN.
- Writer-editor for The Grapevine, monthly newsletter for the Eddie Cox Senior Center, France Printing, publisher, Union City, TN.
- Editor-proofreader for www.obioncountyshopathome.com.
- Christian Writers’ Group
- The Christian PEN Proofreaders and Editors Network
- Christian Writers Fellowship International Yahoo Group
- Kentucky Christian Writers Conference
- Executive Assistant, World Color Press (Quebecor World)
- Sales Representative, Prudential Insurance and Financial Services
- Sales Representative, GE Capital Assurance Long Term Care (now Genworth)
- Church Organist-Choir Director, Music Teacher