Information: Upcoming Conferences
The best way to meet other writers, network with industry professionals, and learn about writing and publishing is to attend writers’ conferences.
I attend these regularly:
- March 18: Mid-South Christian Writers Conference, Collerville, TN, near Memphis. James (Jim) Watkins is featured speaker. Register by February 25 and get $10 discount.
- June 22-24: Kentucky Christian Writers Conference, Elizabethtown, KY, featured speaker is Twila Belk.
I have attended these in the past:
- February 22-26: Florida Christian Writers Conference, Leesburg, FL, Eva Marie Everson and Mark Hancock, Directors.
- June 14-17: Write to Publish, Wheaton, IL, Lin Johnson, Director.
These are on my wish list:
- May 17-20: Colorado Christian Writers Conference, near Denver, Marlene Bagnull, Director.
- July 26-29: Greater Philly Christian Writers Conference, Philadelphia area, Marlene Bagnull, Director.
Every conference listed above would be a good experience for you, whether you think you’re ready for it or not. If you do not live near these locations, there are numerous other conferences around the county. Check out this list on the Westbow Press website. Some conferences offer scholarships, so check that out if finances are a concern.
The following quote by Mary Tyler Moore, who passed away this week, can be applied to your writing endeavors.
Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave. —Mary Tyler Moore (1936-2017)
Have the courage to write, learn, attend conferences, and network. It’s how you grow as a writer.
Readers, do you regularly attend a conference other than those listed? Please share in the comments and provide a link. Share your thoughts about courage if you are so inclined. To comment if you receive this post by email, please click on the title of the post to go to my site. Scroll down to Leave a Reply and comment there.