When I get discouraged about writing, I often search the Web for quotes by other writers. Today, I’m sharing some of my favorite quotes by and for writers.
- The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean. —Robert Louis Stephenson.
- The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say. —Mark Twain.
- I am a writer because writing is the thing I do best. —Flannery O’Connor.
- Fiction has a unique role in conveying Truth. In fact, only fiction that is Truth with a capital T is worthwhile. —Jerry B. Jenkins.
- Always prefer the plain direct word to the long, vague one. Don’t implement promises, but keep them. — C. S. Lewis.
- Writing every day isn’t something you have to do. It is something you get to do. —Lawrence Wilson.
- You fail only if you stop writing. —Ray Bradbury.
Have you found encouragement in the words of other writers? Share by commenting on this post. Be sure to give a link to your source. If you receive this post by email, please click on the title of the post to go to my site. Scroll down to Leave a Reply and comment there.