Last week’s Get Organized post generated a number of comments. Some people bemoaned the fact that they know they need to get organized, but they haven’t had the time or motivation to start such a project. Tracy Crump even said she’d rather be writing. So would I, and that’s my motivation for being organized. I know I will have more time to WRITE. I’m developing a series of posts to help you be an organized writer. I’ll use the following outline to create a series of posts with how-to information on each component.
- W = Work space: It doesn’t have to be fancy, but you do need a place to work. Needs: Desk, computer, calendar/planner, files, supplies, market guides, reference works, backups.
- R = Records: E-mails, correspondence, contracts, finances, subject matter, submissions, back-ups.
- I = Intentions: Goals, objectives, purpose, audience, prayer.
- T = Time: Full-time or part-time? Writing , marketing & networking, “day job,” distractions.
- E = Evaluation: Review plans and methods regularly (monthly, quarterly, annually). What worked? What didn’t? How will you proceed?
Readers, if you have information to contribute to the above categories, I can include your suggestion(s) in one of the future posts. I’ll link to your website or blog if I quote you. Email me at akinemily(at)gmail.com with your suggestions. Comments on this post are welcome, too. If you receive this post by email, please click on the title of the post to go to my site. Scroll down to Leave a Reply and comment there.
Photo source: Pixabay