Do you plan to attend a writers conference this year? If you want your work published, you should attend one or more. Conference attendance is part of your marketing and networking effort. A while ago, I started making a wish list for each year. I’ve been fortunate enough to attend some of them, although not all.
My wish list for this year is very ambitious:
- Colorado Christian Writers Conference, Estes Park, CO, Director Marlene Bagnull, May 13-16.
- Blue Ridge Christian Writers Conference, Asheville, NC, Director Alton Gansky, May 17-21.
- Write to Publish, Wheaton, IL (Chicago area), Director Lin Johnson, June 3-6.
- St. David’s Christian Writers Conference, Grove City, PA, Director James Watkins, June 24-28.
- Kentucky Christian Writers Conference, Elizabethtown, KY. Keynote speaker, Jessie Florea of Focus on the Family, June 25-27.
- Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference, Langhorne, PA (north of Philadelphia), Director Marlene Bagnull, July 29-August 1.
I know I won’t make it to all of these events this year, but I will definitely attend at least one. All are presented by experienced managers and feature excellent faculty and speakers.
Readers, do you have a favorite conference that you attend every year? Comment on this post and tell us about it.