For the past few weeks, posts on Blog4writers have dealt with grammar and style. This week, I’ve spent some time locating online grammar and style resources and tutorials. Keeping your grammar and style skills in shape is a necessary discipline for writers wanting to publish their work.
Tutorials and Resources:
- General Grammar and Style Resources
- Easily Confused or Misused Words
- It’s Not What It Sounds Like
- Grammar, Usage, and Style Cheat Sheet
- Kathy Ide, author of Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors, has a blog on her site where she posts grammar and style pointers regularly.
- Daily Grammar Lessons. This one features a grammar quiz (with answers) in each post.
I recommend that you subscribe to both of these blogs. Neither offers e-mail subscriptions, but you can subscribe by RSS feed. If you need help with that process, see my article on the subject here.