Emily is available to teach workshops for conferences or writers group meetings. The following topics are currently available:
- A Business Approach to Marketing Your Work – “Writing is an art. Publishing is a business.” The Four P’s marketing model is applied to marketing for writers. Learn to think like a business professional as you market your work.
- Turning Your Journal Entries into Saleable Articles – Discover the topics you are passionate about. They’re right there in your journal. Find markets for your articles or stories on these topics.
- Self-Editing: Preparing Your Work for the Market – Before you write the first word, design your finished piece for the market. Covers following guidelines, using style guides, and proofreading your own work.
- Write What You Know: Finding Stories in Everyday Life – What can you write about? Stories are all around you—stories about people you know, the activities you enjoy, your professional expertise. And, with a little research, you can write about what you want to know. Sample articles and background stories are shared with the class.
- Get Organized – Make more time for writing by organizing your work and your workplace. See the Get Organized page for details.
Use the contact page to request further information.
Photo from Morguefile.com.
Page updated 11-3-13.